2 large beets (2)
1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
1/2 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 4-5 cups)
2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
1/3 cup sunflower seeds (75 mL)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
2 Tbsp orange juice (30 mL)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- Preheat oven to 400℉ (200°C). Wrap whole beets in aluminum foil.
- On a rimmed 13 x 18 inch (33 x 46 cm) baking sheet, place the wrapped beets and roast for about 1 hour until fork-tender (fork can be inserted easily). Remove from oven and let cool.
- Once beets are cool enough to handle, peel the skin and chop into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat 1 Tbsp (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Add cabbage and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until cabbage slightly softens and is heated through.
- Add heated cabbage to salad bowl, toss with dressing. Add beets and very gently fold together.
- Top with sunflower seeds and serve.
Warm Cabbage Salad with Orange Dressing
This is a great way to turn a cabbage into a show stopping salad. Leftovers are great served cold the next day.
- Total Fat
- 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.9 g
- 0 mg
- 214 mg
- 7.2 g
- 2.1 g
- 3.5 g
- 2.5 g
- 210 mg