1 medium to large zucchini (1)
2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
12 oz linguine pasta (330 g)
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
1 small onion, finely diced (1)
1 small carrot, finely diced (1)
1 stalk celery, finely diced (1)
2 cloves garlic, minced (2)
2 Tbsp flour (30 mL)
1 ½ cups milk (375 mL)
½ tsp pepper (2 mL)
1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese (250 mL)
1/4 cup chopped parsley (60 mL)
Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Prepare zucchini, using spiralizer. Heat 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini. Using tongs, turn zucchini to coat with oil. Cook zucchini for about 3-4 minutes, continually turning the strands with tongs. Do not overcook. Remove from pan to a large bowl and set aside.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot, according to package directions. Reserve 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water and set aside, then drain the pasta. Cover pot and set aside (to keep pasta warm).
- Using same skillet that was used to cook zucchini, heat 3 Tbsp (45 mL) canola oil. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic. Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes, until vegetables are cooked. Stir in flour and mix well. Gradually add milk, while stirring. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Add pepper and Parmesan cheese. Stir to combine ingredients and simmer a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
- Add the sauce and zucchini to the pasta in the pot and toss ingredients using tongs. (Reserved pasta water can be used if necessary.)
- To serve, place about 2 cups of zucchini and pasta mixture on each plate and garnish with parsley and a light sprinkling of additional Parmesan cheese.
Zucchini Linguini Alfredo
Zucchini noodles are a fantastic way to add a boost of veggies, colour, and extra nutrition to your bowl of pasta. This recipe comes together in under 30 minutes and is a great choice for busy weekday nights.
- Total Fat
- 7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2.9 g
- 35 mg
- 319 mg
- 41.6 g
- 4 g
- 5 g
- 10.7 g
- 291 mg