1 Tbsp mint, finely chopped (15 mL)
1/4 cup canola oil (60 mL)
1 tsp kosher salt (5 mL)
¼ tsp black pepper (1 mL)
3 gloves garlic, crushed (3)
juice from two limes (2)
1 tsp honey (5 mL)
12 spears of asparagus, shaved (12)
1 cup shaved fennel, save the tips (250 mL)
1 cup sweet green peas (250 mL)
1 - 16oz bison ribeye (1)
1/4 cup of canola oil, divided (60 mL)
1 tsp salt (5 mL)
½ tsp black pepper (2 mL)
1 lemon, juiced (1)
2 Tbsp chopped Italian parsley (30 mL)
- In a small bowl, mix together chopped mint, canola oil, salt, pepper, lime juice, garlic and honey.
- Use a vegetable peeler to shave the asparagus spears into long, thin shavings and place in cold water.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the fennel, peas, and shaved asparagus.
- Lightly coat the salad with dressing using a spoon, and reserve the rest to drizzle over the finished salad.
- Cover the steak in 2 Tbsp (30 mL) canola oil and let sit for 15 minutes at room temperature. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on high for 4-5 minutes per side (for medium-rare). Pull off grill and let rest for 10 minutes. Squeeze lemon juice over steak.
- Slice on a bias and plate on a large platter. Place pea salad on and around the steak.
- Mix parsley with the remaining 2 Tbsp (30 mL) of canola oil and drizzle over steak. Lightly salt, garnish with fennel tips and reserved dressing. Serve immediately.
Bison Ribeye Steak with Mint & Pea Salad
If you’ve yet to try Bison here’s your chance! Bison is naturally leaner than beef, milder on the palette with a slightly sweeter flavour. Paired with fresh mint and pea salad this dish is chocked full of flavour and will have you savoring every bite. Recipe courtesy of Chef Matt Basile of Fidel Gastro's.
- Total Fat
- 35.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.9 g
- 89 mg
- 1261 mg
- 15.2 g
- 4.6 g
- 6.6 g
- 37.5 g
- 819 mg