- 3 cups all-purpose flour (750 mL)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder (15 mL)
- 1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
- 2 tsp cinnamon (10 mL)
- 2 tsp Chinese Five Spice (10 mL)
- 2 tsp ground cardamom (10 mL)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (500 mL)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (125 mL)
- 1/3 cup brewed Chai tea (75 mL)
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract (15 mL)
- 4 eggs (4)
- 3/4 cup canola oil (175 mL)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans (250 mL)
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples peeled and coarsely chopped (750 mL)
- 2-3 Tbsp brewed Chai tea (30-45 mL)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (1 mL)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (5 mL)
- 1 3/4 cups icing sugar (425 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Spray bundt pan with canola oil and sprinkle with flour.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, Chinese Five Spice, and cardamom. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together white and brown sugar, Chai tea, vanilla, eggs and canola oil until ingredients are well mixed, about 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, toss 2 Tbsp (30 mL) flour mixture with the nuts. Set aside.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir ingredients, just to combine. Fold in nuts and apples.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Cool cake in pan for 15 minutes. Then turn cake out onto a cooling rack and let cool completely.
- Whisk together Chai tea, cinnamon, vanilla and icing sugar until smooth. Spoon over top of cooled cake and allow it to drip over the sides of the cake.
Apple Chai Bundt Cake
A unique variation on an apple bundt cake. Cardamom, Chinese five spice, and brewed chai tea are the secret to this Granny Smith apple-filled bundt cake. An delicious treat for your palate. Serve with tea!