½ cup popcorn kernels (125 mL)
4 tsp canola oil (20 mL)
3 Tbsp dried tomato flakes (found in bulk stores) (45 mL)
1 tsp dried oregano (5 mL)
1 tsp onion powder (5 mL)
¼ tsp red pepper flakes (1 mL)
1/8 tsp kosher salt (0.5 mL)
3 Tbsp sundried tomatoes in oil, drained well (45 mL)
1/3 cup non-hydrogenated canola margarine (75 mL)
2 cloves garlic, crushed (2)
3-4 Tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese (45-60 mL)
2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped (30 mL)
2 Tbsp fresh basil, chiffonade (30 mL)
- In a large saucepan, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add popcorn kernels. Place lid on and let kernels cook, shaking occasionally to prevent burning. Allow steam to escape while popping and when the popping slows to 3 to 5 seconds between pops, remove pan from burner. Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- In a small food processor, process dried tomato flakes for 10-20 seconds into a coarse powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together tomato powder, oregano, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and set aside.
- Add drained sundried tomatoes to food processor and process for 10-20 seconds until tomatoes are paste-like.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat melt margarine, crushed garlic, and sundried tomato paste together for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour melted margarine mixture overtop of popcorn and mix well. Add dried seasoning mixture and continue to mix. Top with shredded Parmesan cheese, chives and basil. Serve hot.
Bruschetta Popcorn with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Why not do a spin on appetizers and serve this fun mix at your next dinner? This bruschetta-style popcorn is zesty and incorporates traditional Italian flavours. Give it a go to wow the crowd.
- Serving Size
- 1 Cup
- Makes 12 Cups
- Total Fat
- 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.2 g
- 1 mg
- 96 mg
- 8.1 g
- 1.5 g
- 0.2 g
- 0.5 g
- 119 mg