2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (625 mL)
1 tsp baking soda (5 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1 cup canola oil (250 mL)
1 cup packed brown sugar (250 mL)
1/2 cup granulated sugar (125 mL)
2 eggs (2)
2 tsp vanilla extract (10 mL)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (250 mL)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (125 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line two cookie sheets with parchment.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together canola oil, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. The batter should be smooth without lumps or bits of egg.
- Add the flour mixture to the canola oil mixture and mix with a sturdy spoon just until all the flour has been incorporated. Try not to over-mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop a level 2 Tbsp (30 mL) scoop of dough about 2 inches apart onto lined cookie sheets. Flatten slightly, or leave as rounds if you prefer them thick.
- Bake for 12-16 minutes or until cookies are golden brown. Cool cookies for 5 minutes on baking sheets before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
A classic chocolate chip cookie made using canola oil. Keep them round or press them slightly before baking for a flatter style cookie. The customization is up to you! Recipe courtesy of The Messy Baker.
- 40 cookies
- Serving Size
- 1 cookie
- Total Fat
- 9.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.6 g
- 11 mg
- 61 mg
- 19.3 g
- 0.6 g
- 12 g
- 1.9 g
- 45 mg