- 1 (18 oz) pkg chocolate cake mix (1 (515 g) pkg )
- 3 eggs (3 )
- 1/2 cup canola oil (125 mL)
- 1 1/4 cup water (300 mL)
- 2 cups cold milk (500 mL)
- 1 1/4 cup orange juice (300 mL)
- 2 Tbsp orange zest (30 mL)
- 2 (4 oz) pkg instant chocolate pudding mix (2 (113 g) pkg )
- 1/3 cup sugar (75 mL)
- 3 Tbsp confectioners' sugar (45 mL)
- Preheat oven 350 F (180 C).
- Combine first 4 ingredients in large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Pour into a canola oil sprayed 9 x 13 inch (22 x 33 cm) baking pan.
- Pour milk and orange juice into a large bowl. Stir in orange zest. Add pudding mix and sugar and whisk mixture until well blended, about 2 minutes. Quickly pour evenly over the cake batter.
- Place pan on a foil-lined baking sheet to catch batter which might bubble over the edge of the cake pan. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Mixture will thicken on standing
Chocolate Orange Pudding Cake
Can't wait until dinner? This Chocolate-Orange Pudding Cake makes the perfect afternoon snack!
- 1 cake