2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
1 medium onion, diced (1)
2 cloves of garlic, minced (2)
1 lb parsnips, peeled and chopped (454 g)
1 1/2 cups apples, peeled, cored and chopped (375 mL)
1 tsp curry powder (5 mL)
1/2 tsp ground coriander (2 mL)
1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
4 cups no salt added vegetable broth (1 L0
1/4 cup 2% milk (60 mL)
2 tsp lemon juice (10 mL)
6 Tbsp cream (optional garnish) (90 mL)
- In a large pot, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for 3-4 minutes, until soft. Add garlic and sauté for one minute.
- Add parsnips, apples, curry powder, coriander and salt to pot. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Add vegetable broth and bring mixture to a boil.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes, or until apples and parsnips are fork-tender.
- Using an immersion blender, purée soup until smooth. Add milk and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with a drizzle of cream, if desired.
Creamy Parsnip and Apple Soup
This sweet and creamy soup is the perfect dish to warm up on a chilly day. Even better the next day, this soup is the perfect make-ahead dish. Recipe courtesy of How to Eat.
- 6 servings
- Serving Size
- 1 cup
- Total Fat
- 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.4 g
- 5 mg
- 121 mg
- 24.9 g
- 3.9 g
- 8.2 g
- 2 g
- 443 mg