2 cups all-purpose flour (500 mL)
¼ cup cocoa powder (60 mL)
1/2 tsp salt (2 mL)
1/2 tsp baking powder (2 mL)
2/3 cup canola oil, chilled in freezer for 2 hours* see note below (150 mL)
1/2 cup ice water (125 mL)
1 egg, beaten slightly (1)
1 Tbsp vinegar (15 mL)
Peanut Butter Pie Filling
1 – 8 oz pkg cream cheese (250 g)
1 cup smooth peanut butter (250 mL)
¼ cup sugar (60 mL)
¼ cup honey (60 mL)
1 cup whipping cream, whipped to soft peaks (250 mL)
Peanut Butter Crumbles
½ cup icing sugar (125 mL)
¼ cup smooth peanut butter (60 mL)
- In a food processor, add flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder. Pulse once or twice to combine ingredients.
- Add cold/frozen canola oil*. Pulse again once or twice.
- Combine water, egg and vinegar in a small bowl.
- With food processor running, slowly pour liquid ingredients through the chute. Turn off machine as soon as ingredients are mixed, about 10 seconds.
- Turn dough out onto floured board. Divide dough in half. Use one half for the pie. (Refrigerate or freeze the other half for another pie.) Roll out other half of dough on floured surface. Fit dough into a 9 inch (23 cm) pie plate. Trim edges of pastry. Prick dough all over with a fork. Line pastry with foil.
- Pour dried beans or pie weights onto the foil to cover the bottom of the crust.
- Bake at 400°F (200°C) for 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Carefully remove foil and pie weights from the crust. Return crust to the oven. Bake an additional 12- 15 minutes, until crust is cooked through. Remove from oven and cool completely.
*Canola oil can be frozen over night.
- Place cream cheese into a large mixing bowl. Beat well, until very creamy. Add peanut butter and beat again to combine ingredients. Scrape sides of mixing bowl and continue to beat. Beat in sugar and honey.
- Clean beaters well. Pour whipping cream into a second bowl. Beat well to soft peaks.
- Fold 1/3 of the whipped cream into the peanut butter mixture. Fold remaining whipped cream into mixture. Transfer mixture to cooled crust. Cover and refrigerate pie for about 3 hours.
- Combine icing sugar and peanut butter in small bowl and beat just until crumbles come together. If too powdery, add a couple of drops of water.
- Serve pie topped with peanut butter crumbles.
Creamy Peanut Butter Pie with Chocolate Pastry
This delicious pie is hard to resist! Chocolate and peanut butter is a match in flavour heaven. Even better is whipped peanut butter with chocolate pastry (oh my!). Similar to traditional pastry, chill your Canola oil for perfect beautifully flaky results.
- Serving Size
- 1 slice
- Total Fat
- 57.8 g
- Saturated Fat
- 16 g
- 99 mg
- 286 mg
- 64.5 g
- 7.5 g
- 27.3 g
- 19 g
- 527 mg