- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups all-purpose flour (375-500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ (30 mL)
- 1 pkg (7 g) quick rising instant yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 small onion, diced (1)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3)
- 3-4 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 Tbsp each of fresh oregano and basil (45-60 mL)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1/2- 1 tsp sugar (optional- will reduce the acidity of tomatoes) (2-5 mL)
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, cut into thin strips (375 mL)
- 24 sliced black olive pieces for eyes (24)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, salt and yeast. Stir in warm water and canola oil.
- Gradually stir in enough of remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly-floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Roll out dough and cut into 12 chunky rectangles. Place shaped dough on a parchment-lined baking trays and bake each tray for 8 minutes each.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Simmer sauce for 5-10 minutes.
- Spread rectangles with pizza sauce and arrange slices of mozzarella in criss-cross fashion across the width of the dough so it looks like a mummy. Add two black olives for the eyes.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes to melt cheese.
Halloween Mozzarella Mummy Pizzas
These spooktacular pizzas are a snap to make, so include your ghouls and goblins in the process. Let them mummify the pizza with mozzarella and add the olive eyes. Scary delicious!
- 6 people
- Serving Size
- 2 mummy pizzas
- 418 g
- Total Fat
- 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 4.8 g
- 23 mg
- 558 mg
- 53.3 g
- 7 g
- 7.4 g
- 17 g
- 587 mg