- 1 cup whole-wheat flour (250 mL)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups all-purpose flour (375-500 mL)
- 2 Tbsp wheat germ (30 mL)
- 1 pkg (7 g) quick rising instant yeast (1 pkg)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1 Tbsp canola oil (15 mL)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1 mL)
Quick Pizza Sauce
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 1 small onion, diced (1)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (3)
- 3-4 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 Tbsp each of fresh oregano and basil (45-60 mL)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (1 mL)
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) crushed tomatoes (1 can)
- 1/2- 1 tsp sugar (optional- will reduce the acidity of tomatoes) (2-5 mL)
- 24 Brazil nuts or nut of choice (24)
- 1 egg, beaten (1)
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- In a large bowl, mix whole-wheat flour, 1 cup (250 mL) all-purpose flour, salt and yeast. Stir in warm water and canola oil.
- Gradually stir in enough of remaining all-purpose flour to make a soft dough. Knead on lightly-floured surface until smooth and elastic.
- Shape dough into ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes before rolling out.
- Cut dough into two equal pieces. Roll 1/2 the dough into a rectangle. Cut into 12 long, thin rectangles. Bunch them up to make them look crooked. Add knobs of dough to create knuckles on a few pieces. Attach Brazil nut (or nut of choice) to the end as a fingernail. Repeat with the remaining 1/2 of the dough.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg. Brush each pizza finger with the beaten egg and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add canola oil.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper and crushed tomatoes. Simmer sauce for 5-10 minutes.
Halloween Pizza Fingers
These zombie fingers come complete with crunchy Brazil nut nails and a marinara sauce for maximum gross factor. Kids will love your creativity. Tr-eww-ly delicious!
- 24 pizza fingers
- Serving Size
- 1 finger
- Total Fat
- 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.8 g
- 0 mg
- 13.5 g
- 2 g
- 1.9 g
- 3.1 g
- 164 mg