6 medium potatoes, washed (6)
2 Tbsp canola oil, divided (30 mL)
1/4 tsp salt, divided (1 mL)
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (125 mL)
1/4 tsp garlic powder (1 mL)
2 1/2 cups 3/4 inch broccoli pieces, steamed (625 mL)
1 1/2 cups finely grated old cheddar cheese (325 mL)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Pierce each potato with a fork, on all sides.
- Coat potatoes with 1 Tbsp of canola oil and transfer to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle potatoes with 1/8 tsp of salt on all sides. Bake 1 hour or until fork-tender. Turn potatoes after 30 minutes.
- When potatoes are tender, remove from oven and place on wire rack. Increase oven temperature to 375°F.
- When potatoes are cool to the touch, cut each in half lengthwise. Using a a small spoon, scoop out potato flesh leaving a 1/2 inch border. Return potato halves to baking sheet. Set potato flesh aside for another use*.
- In a small bowl, stir to combine panko bread crumbs, remaining 1/8 tsp salt, garlic powder and 1 Tbsp canola oil. Set aside.
- Evenly distribute half of the grated cheese into the potato halves. Add broccoli to potato halves and top with remaining cheese. Top each potato evenly with the panko mixture.
- Return dressed potatoes to oven and bake for 8 minutes, or until panko is golden brown and cheese is bubbling. Remove from the oven and serve warm.
Broccoli and Cheddar Stuffed Potatoes
Who can resist the classic combination of broccoli and cheese. This warm and cozy twist is a perfect appetizer or side dish. Recipe courtesy of How to Eat.
- 6 servings
- Serving Size
- 1 potato
- Total Fat
- 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 6.2 g
- 31 mg
- 327 mg
- 34.4 g
- 4.5 g
- 2.4 g
- 12.3 g
- 876 mg