2lb baking apples (about 4 larges or 6 small) (1 kg)
1/3 cup quick cooking oats (75 mL)
1/3 cup dark brown sugar (75 mL)
2 Tbsp all-purpose flour (30 mL)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (2 mL)
1/8 tsp salt (0.5 mL)
1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil (22 mL)
1 Tbsp maple syrup (15 mL)
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- With a small knife, cut out the core of each apple, leaving the bottom 1/2 inch (1 cm) of the core intact. Slice a 1/4 inch (0.5 cm) thick round off the top of the apple and set aside. Place apples in a 9 x 9 inch (23 cm x 23 cm) baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine oats, sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt and canola oil. Stir with a fork until the ingredients are evenly moist.
- Fill each apple with oat mixture and pack tightly. Top each apple with an additional mound of the mixture.
- Cover loosely with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, removing foil for the last 10 minutes to brown topping.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and serve warm.
Maple Oat Baked Apples
Once baked, these are reminiscent of a fresh apple crumble. Serve with vanilla yogurt or ice cream for ultimate satisfaction. Recipe courtesy of How to Eat.
- 4-6 servings
- Serving Size
- 1 apple
- Total Fat
- 6.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 0.5 g
- 0 mg
- 68 mg
- 57.8 g
- 5.5 g
- 43.1 g
- 2.2 g
- 283 mg