- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced, reserving the few fronds (1 )
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (1 )
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (2 )
- 2 orange peppers, thinly sliced (2 )
- 1/2 cup golden raisins (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley (30 mL)
- 2 tsp lemon zest (10 mL)
- 1 small tin anchovy fillets, finely chopped (1 )
- 12 oz bucatini (350 g)
- 1/3 cup toasted pine nuts (75 mL)
- Heat canola oil in a large skillet over medium low heat. Saute fennel, onion and garlic until just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Stir in peppers, raisins, parsely, lemon zest and anchovy fillets. Cook for 4 minutes, until pepper are tender.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large amount of water according to package directions, until just tender. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup (250 mL) pasta water.
- Combine pasta and vegetables and add some of the reserved pasta water if needed. Sprinkle with pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Bucatini with Fennel
Fennel adds a crunchy and slightly sweet taste to this delicious pasta dish!
- 4 people