2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
3 Tbsp green curry paste (45 mL)
8 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces (8)
2 Asian eggplants, trimmed and diced (2)
1 -14 oz can coconut milk (398mL)
2 Tbsp brown sugar (30 mL)
1 Tbsp fish sauce (15 mL)
2 Kaffir lime leaves, minced (2) or zest of 1 lime (1)
1 cups sliced bamboo shoots (250 mL)
1 red pepper, thinly sliced (1)
¼ cup chopped cilantro (60 mL)
- In a medium-sized pan, over medium heat add 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL) canola oil. Once the oil is warm and shimmers add curry paste to the pan and cook for 1 minute.
- To the pan, add chicken thighs and cook, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Add eggplant and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in coconut milk, brown sugar, fish sauce and lime leaves. Simmer covered for 20 minutes.
- Add the bamboo shoots and red pepper and cook until shoots and peppers are warmed through.
- Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with cilantro.
Green Curry with Chicken and Eggplant
Deriving its colour from green chillies, this green curry recipe is packed with flavour and is super-easy to make on a weekday. Serve over a bowl of jasmine rice. Recipe courtesy of Chef Andrea Buckett.
- 4 people
- Total Fat
- 46.4 g
- Saturated Fat
- 23.3 g
- 314 mg
- 806 mg
- 19.2 g
- 3.0 g
- 11.7 g
- 57.6 g
- 980 mg