1 Tbsp fresh ginger, grated (15 mL)
2 whole star anise, ground by mortar and pestle (2)
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped (125 mL)
1 Tbsp brown sugar (15 mL)
1 small pineapple, cored and cut in 1/2-thick (1-cm) slices (1)
canola oil cooking spray
1 Tbsp cinnamon (15 mL)
2 cups frozen yogurt (500 mL)
fresh basil leaves for garnish
1. In medium bowl, combine ginger, anise, basil and sugar.
2. Add pineapple slices and stir to coat pineapple. Set aside to allow flavours to develop.
3. Spray canola oil on grill and cook pineapples until they are marked on both sides and they appear slightly caramelized.
4. Sprinkle pineapple slices with ground cinnamon and serve with 1/2 cup (125 mL) frozen yogurt. Garnish with fresh basil leaves.
Grilled Pineapple with Ginger and Star Anise Marinade
Fresh ginger and whole star anise perfume this healthy, low-fat dessert. Canola oil is used to coat the pineapple before grilling because of both its high heat tolerance and mild flavour. Recipe courtesy of canolainfo.org.
- Serving Size
- 2 slices pineapple and 1/2 cup frozen yogurt
- Total Fat
- 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat
- 2 g
- 10 mg
- 60 mg
- 32 g
- 2 g
- 27 g
- 4 g
- 182 mg