1 pork tenderloin, sliced into 1” pieces (600-700 g)
10 apricots, halved, pits removed (10)
1 small red onion, cut into 1” pieces (1)
½ cup apricot jam (125 mL)
3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
1 Tbsp honey (15 mL)
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard (15 mL)
1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce (15 mL)
1 Tbsp orange juice (15 mL)
3 cloves garlic, crushed (3)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary (30 mL)
½ tsp pepper (2 mL)
¼ tsp salt (1 mL)
- If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for a minimum of 30 minutes prior to grilling.
- In a large freezer bag or bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Add cubed pork loin, shake or stir to coat. Set in fridge and marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat barbecue to 300°F (150°C).
- Remove meat from fridge. Assemble skewers alternating pork, apricot and onion. Discard leftover marinade.
- Add a non-stick grilling mat to barbecue and place skewers on top.
- Cook skewers for 12-14 minutes, rotating every 3-4 minutes, or until meat reaches an internal temperature of 160°F or 71°C with a meat thermometer.
Note: If making out-of-season, replace apricots with apples.
Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Apricot Skewers
These pork skewers will be a hit at your backyard bbqs. The combination of sweet tang of apricots with grilled pork is the perfect combination. Slice leftover pork and add to a salad for a perfect weekday lunch.
- Serving Size
- 1 skewer
- Total Fat
- 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat
- 1.2 g
- 70 mg
- 98 mg
- 10.9 g
- 0.7 g
- 8.4 g
- 29.5 g
- 611 mg