1/4 cup canola oil (60mL)
2/3 cup onion, finely chopped or sliced (150 mL)
9 ½ cups cauliflower florets (2375 mL)
1 Tbsp salt (15 mL)
2 cups 2% milk (500mL)
2 cups 35% cream (500mL)
- Place a large, heavy-bottomed pot on the stove, on medium-high heat.
- Once warm, pour in 200ml canola oil with the chopped onions.
- Sweat onions until they become translucent and colourless.
- Stir in cauliflower and salt, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Pour in milk and cream. All ingredients in the pot should be just covered.
- Bring to a boil, then turn heat down to a simmer.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, until the cauliflower is fork-tender.
- Scoop equal parts cauliflower and liquid into a blender, making sure not to fill the blender more than halfway.
- Blend on high until the soup becomes creamy. Taste and add salt if needed.
- Drizzle in the remaining 50mL canola oil and blend into the soup. This will make your soup extra creamy and velvety.
- Pour soup into bowls and serve.
Velvety Cauliflower Soup
Rich, smooth and creamy, this soup is a great go-to as an appetizer, side, or on its own as a main course. Recipe courtesy of Chef John Horne.
- Total Fat
- 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat
- 20 g
- 115 mg
- 1311 mg
- 17 g
- 3.5 g
- 8.2 g
- 8.2 g
- 749 mg