- 1 cup all-purpose flour (250 mL)
- 1 cup warm water (250 mL)
- 1/4 cup salt (60 mL)
- 2 tsp cream of tartar (10 mL)
- 1 tsp canola oil (5 mL)
- 1 tsp gel colouring (5 mL)
- Under adult supervision, in a large pot mix together flour, warm water, salt cream of tartar, canola oil, and gel colouring. Stir constantly over medium heat until smooth, about 5 mins.
- Let dough cool in pot for about 5 mins.
- Remove from pot, turn on to counter and knead until blended smooth.
- Place in re-sealable container or bag and keep airtight.
Note: If the dough is too sticky, pour a spoonful of flour onto the dough and mix it in. Dough can be stored for 1 month in a re-sealable container.
Why buy play dough when you and the kids can make your own with 6 simple ingredients. Play dough is the perfect activity for a rainy day or outside on the patio. Use cookie cutters and rolling pins to make your best play dough creation!