- 3 Tbsp canola oil (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels (125 mL)
- 2 Tbsp canola oil (30 mL)
- 3 Tbsp light corn syrup (45 mL)
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar (125 mL)
- 3 oz jelly powder, any flavour (90 g)
- Pour canola oil into 4 qt. stove-top popper. Add popcorn, cover with lid left slightly ajar to allow stem to escape. Place pot over high heat. Cook popcorn until popping sounds slows to 1-2 seconds between pops. Remove from heat. Pour into large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium high heat. Note that this mixture will separate. Pour over popped corn and mix well. Transfer popcorn to foil lined baking sheet. Bake at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes. Cool and break into pieces. Store in a covered container in a cool dry place for up to one week, or freeze up to six weeks.
Note: Make different colours of mixture and serve as rainbow popcorn.